Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Visitors

I am going to make this short, but  no less important.

One of the best, and sometimes hardest, parts of my time there were the visits from friends and family. My mother came for a week and would stay with me while Matt was at work. My MIL stayed with me for a week while Matt was at work, until I convinced everyone I would be fine by myself.

I had lots of good friends come and visit, some that I had not seen in a while. It was so good to have all of them stop and chat for a while. At times it was hard because I would get tired and it was hard for me to ask them to leave. Matt would get on to me for not saying anything, but I loved having people to talk to.

I did have a few random visitors. People that had heard about our situation in one way or another would often show up and I would have no idea who they were. They would tell me where they were from and I would see a connection to family or friends. Short visits were fine, but often they would turn into long visits of awkward conversations and for me too many personal questions. We finally had a not put on my door asking all visitors to call or check in at the nurses desk before coming in. That was a huge help!

I am grateful to all those that came to visit me and even more grateful to those that I love and care for, for the care and concern they showed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment