Saturday, October 8, 2011

Room 418

Room 418 became my home for the next 32 days. At first they put me in a room with a tiny window that I couldn't even look out of, but my sweet husband asked if there was a room with a view since I would be a long-term resident. And so became 418. I could see some tops of trees, a parking garage and the west corner of Northwest Expressway. When I got up to go to the bathroom, I could look out the window and see a small green space. Hey at least I could see the sky.

The bathroom was so pretty and sparkly, but the shower flooded the whole bathroom. That was a bit of a task to try to solve. Most days I had a nurse or Matt put down blankets or towels at the edge of the shower curtain so it would keep the rest of the bathroom dry and I wouldn't slip and fall.

The couch in the room folded out into a bed, that apparently was not very comfortable. It felt really good to me when I would lay in it for a few minutes. I liked the change. The nurses provided Matt an extra pad for it and that seemed to help some, but he liked the old room couch much better.

We really did make ourselves at home. Here are a few pictures the night before we left the hospital. We figured we should get some to help us remember the only walls I saw for 5 weeks.

 My not so comfortable bed with about 3,000 pillows. 
Matt's bed that he actually made up every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment