Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Holidays

2010 was supposed to be my first year to spend Thanksgiving with Matt's family. Who knew that it would be in hospital. My sweet MIL prepared a full Thanksgiving feast and brought it to the hospital. It was really good. I love eating turkey and dressing and it was so nice to have the real stuff. I do have to say that it was not as enjoyable as it could have been at a home but we made the best of it.

My SIL decided I needed holiday cheer in my room so she came up one night and decorated my room. She put up a little Christmas tree, garland and made paper stocking to hang on our wall. We had one for Matt and I and one for Baby A and Baby B! It was so sweet of her to do that and it was nice to turn on the Christmas lights.

The first Christmas Matt and I had as a married couple was the huge snow storm of 2009. We got snowed in and had no food in the house since we were planning on being gone. We dug ourselves out and ate Chinese on Christmas. So fast forward to 2010 and again we are stuck. We convinced Matt's mom to not make us a full Christmas dinner and just do take out....what better than Chinese food! Matt and I now have decided that we are going to make it a family tradition to eat Chinese food on Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment