Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Activities

I am not sure what happened to my post from last night. I will try to recreate it again and do my one from tonight as well....we will see if I can stay awake that long.

Being in a bed in a hospital for 6 weeks, one can go a little stir crazy, even if I did get to catch up on my reading and my television watching. I am fortunate to have an electronically inclined husband that can set up pretty nice entertainment system.

I don't remember if i mentioned about the 37 inch television we had, even if I did its worth mentioning again. Matt needed a television to play his video games on so he brought up our television from home. He set up the PS3 and had Netflix on it for me. Once I finally figured out how to run the stupid thing, I was able to watch a lot of great movies. I also had our iPad, my netbook and a bluetooth speaker to listen to music. Matt knows how to set a girl up! So there was a lot of regular television: HGTV, Food Network, The Today Show, Law and Order and occasionally trashy shows like 16 and Pregnant. There were a lot of old movies thanks to my friend Liz who has great taste in movies, newish movies, and girly movies that Matt would never watch.

I played around on the internet some, but for some reason I was really turned off by the internet. I am not sure why but I avoided it most of the time. I loved to listen to music. I had great stations on Pandora.

I spent a lot of my days reading. I restarted The Poisonwood Bible. It was a great read but I was very mad at the dad in the book. I wanted to hit him! I also started and finished The Hunger Games series in about a week. I could not put it down! It was a great read. I also read other books, of which the names seem to be escaping me now. I love my Kindle. It was the best present Matt could have ever given me. It really kept me company those 6 weeks.

I did rest and sleep a lot. I wish I could have bottled up that rest and use it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment