Sunday, October 9, 2011

Nurses

I knew when I decided to try to blog for 31 days that it would be a ridiculous challenge, but man this is tough.

I had the most amazing nurses at the hospital. All but two were wonderful. I had fun with my day time nurses, but the night time ones were a blast. They all really made my time there much better than it could have been.

Because I was a "long-term" patient, they all fought over me...or at least that's what they told me!  They say it was because they liked me so much and I was so great to talk to, but I think it was because I was an easy patient for their shift!

If I had to pick a favorite nurse, I would pick one from the day and one from the night. Natalie was on the day. She was so great. I loved talking to her and when I would have a down moment or contractions, she was so good at calming me down and keeping me positive. Whitney was my favorite night nurse. We had a lot in common and she had the greatest stories! She would literally say in my room sometimes for an hour just talking. She would watch the Thunder games with us while she was "putting the babies on the monitor."

I have to say, as glad as I was to leave that hospital, I really did miss the nurses. They became like family. There are still some days that I miss being there with them. I know I'm a little bit crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment